The Seventh-day Adventist school in Chico was established in 1905 to provide high-quality Christian education to the children in our community. Over the years, the name and location have changed, but our purpose has not.
High Quality Education
Quality education is something all parents look for, but it is sometimes hard to quantify. Here are some indicators we think might help you in evaluating the education your child will receive at Chico Oaks Adventist School.
- All teachers hold bachelors' or masters' degrees and participate in an ongoing inservice program to remain current with educational advancements and issues.
- Our low student/teacher ratio allows teachers to spend more time with each student.
- Our school is accredited by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, Office of Education. In addition, our Christian curriculum is accredited by the Northern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. It includes class work in all the major subject areas: Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Bible, Computer Education, Physical Education, Art and Music.
- Textbooks are selected from well-known, national publishers such as Houghton-Mifflin, Saxon, Ginn, Scott Foresman and Macmillan/McGraw-Hill.
- Current computers are centrally located in the computer lab as a part of our library and are used as an integral part of the daily curricula.
- Laptop computers are used on a one-to-one basis in the upper grades (5th-8th) for research and digital assignments.
- Individualized instruction is provided and students are always under excellent supervision.
- Our beautiful facility includes a well-stocked library with an annual budget for expanding our collection.
Positive Learning Environment
Our school environment is safe. Students can concentrate on learning without other distractions.
- Our teachers are not only academically qualified to teach, but also love students and are dedicated to teaching.
- We emphasize educating the whole students - academically, socially, spiritually, physically. We believe that school should support parents in instilling Christian values and ethics.
- Worship and prayer are integrated into the school day and teachers encourage the Christian principles of honesty, fairness, love for God, and respect for others.
- You, as parents, will be informed and involved in your child's education - through regularly scheduled parent/teacher conferences, a weekly newsletter, notes and phone calls. In addition, parents are welcome to make appointments to visit, or volunteer in, the classrooms throughout the school year.
- We believe that:
"In the formation of character, no other influence counts as much as the influence of the home. The teacher's work should supplement that of the parents, but it is not to take its place. In all that concerns the well being of the child, it should be the effort of parents and teachers to cooperate." Education, p. 283
Accelerated Academic Growth:
Over the last 10 years our students have shown between 1.3 and 1.5 years of growth each year (as shown through our annual Fall Testing with the Iowa Assessments) in the core subjects of Math, Reading and Language Arts.
Low Student-Teacher Ratio:
All our classrooms are under 25 students in size.
Our small family atmosphere, attentive teachers and secure campus help make Chico Oaks the safe place you are looking for.
Profound Sense of Community:
Our families work together making our school great. Parents and students become life-long friends.
Christ-like Teachers and Staff:
Our teachers are personally and professionally committed to leading students on the spiritual path to becoming servant-leaders dedicated to God's calling.
One of the Best Music Programs in Butte County:
Our music education program begins in kindergarten and continues through eighth grade for each student.